Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Blog #Yo No Se.

Film manipulation: reflection and how is it relevant to you as a filmmaker

Our cameraless film project which included multiple kinds of film manipulation was a lot of work, but very fun. It’s amazing just to see how little things can really change an image. I have to say that magazine transfers were my favorite, but the effects of bleach and scratching were just so amazing and eye catching to me. I can see how it relates to being a filmmaker because if you really know what you’re doing you can pull off an image that in normal circumstances you wouldn't be able to accomplish. However, I can’t connect it to the majority of film projects that I would want to do. I can see how the color manipulation came in handy, but scratching, bleaching, and all the other fun stuff we did, in most cases would just take away from the overall project by being a distraction. So, I’m guessing as a film maker you need to know when these techniques will come in handy, but it is really something to play with and experiment with. Actually I take some of what I said back about how film manipulation could take away some of the overall quality away. Today, in my History of the French Short Film Class We watch a film that was lost for a long time, and when they found maybe the only surviving copy of the film a short part of the film was damaged, but along with my professor I found the damage wasn’t that detrimental to the film. It was actually pretty great. Some of the footage actually looked like it had caught fire in a projector and melted some, but it work for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment